[g8-sheffield] Re: [ssf] Why SWP undermined social forums?

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Thu Jul 14 16:07:48 BST 2005

Quoting Dan <dan at aktivix.org>:

> "This is why attempts by the sectarian left to supplant the Stop the War
> Coalition by social forums have failed and deserve to fail. Such
> attempts, portrayed as a programmatic shift to left (because social
> forums raise issues of economic exploitation as well as war), would in
> practice be a move to the right because they undermine the attempt to
> break the Blair government over the issue on which it is most vulnerable.”

"You are a slow learner," said O'Brien gently. "How can I help it?" Winston
blubbered. "How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are
four."

"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three.
Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to
become sane," O'Brien shrieked. "You must love Big Brother. It is not enough to
obey him .... Room 101!"

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily