[matilda] Matilda Conflicts

jgibbon at wimbledon.ac.uk jgibbon at wimbledon.ac.uk
Mon Aug 8 21:10:25 BST 2005

I am fairly new to the list.  I came to Matilda during the G8, and was
really inspired.  I haven't been since, but hope to get more involved when
time allows. I don't know anyone on the list by name. So, because there
has been concern about the way the way newcomers might view the recent
conflict, I thought I should say something about my reaction.

We may be politically idealistic, but we all carry ideological baggage
from the society we live in. Matilda is an opportunity to work through
these problems in constructive, non-violent ways. I have really
appreciated the Matilda list, because these difficulties are being
discussed bravely with openness and vulnerability. It gives me hope for
the future!

Many thanks for the brave dialogue!