[matilda] Re:Re:crime and punishment

Amparo P Gutierrez amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Fri Dec 9 13:48:59 GMT 2005

> Mr> There lies many a victim of domestic violence who was not anyone's
> Mr> "business".
>

> Yeah but from what little I've heard I'm not sure that's the case
> here, is it?

When this exchange of paragraphs comes after previous text labelling
latest violent incidents at Matilda as "personal issues", this sounds
odd. There seems to be a contradiction here, perhaps due to lack of
information. If they were personal issues (which they weren't), they
were enacted at Matilda, therefore they became public and the
community's problem and concern. Remember whatever we do in the space
has a political meaning (due to the framework). They shouldn't have been
tackled inside the building: if someone feels the need to hit someone
else in the foot or other places of their bodies, please do it outside.
If it happens inside, it sets a precedent or requires this kind of
"authority" measures that some persons dislike. I understand their
point. But i've seen similar projects cracking and collapsing due to
violence (usually induced by alcohol): let's go to Matilda to have a
fight. They are fringe and over-tolerant...

cheers anyway
:-)

someone asking about workdays: yesterday Thursday, i repeat, work was
carried out since lunch time. Different teams.

bye bye

Amp