Mailtda's non-commercial use clause, was: Re: [matilda] crisisof consensus

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Tue Nov 8 14:39:08 GMT 2005

Hi

On Tue 08-Nov-2005 at 02:26:57PM +0000, Joe Morris wrote:

> Any exchange that creates profit is unacceptable in a
> space like Matilda, regardless of who they are.

Hmm, well people were not happy when the Art 05 opening
failed to cover the cost of the booze and actually made a
loss...

Does all activity have to exactly break even...?

Back to my previous example... Say Sheffield Indymedia has
a party at Matilda -- would they be allowed to make a
profit from it? Are not fundraising events for good causes
acceptable? If these don't make a profit then they are
pointless (well having a good time has a point of course
:-)...

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World