Brewing beer, was: Re: Mailtda's non-commercial use clause, was: Re: [matilda] crisisof consensus

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Thu Nov 10 13:07:25 GMT 2005

Hi

On Thu 10-Nov-2005 at 12:16:14PM +0000, Chris Malins
wrote:
> I have suggested in the past that it would be possible
> to set up a microbrewery/mega-home brewery in Matilda,
> although people seemed not to take me very seriously,
> and I haven't made a concrete proposal because I
> wouldn't have time to run the whole process myself.

Yeah, it would be cool, we could also make it Free (as in
free speach beer) like this stuff:

- Vores Øl (Our Beer) is a great tasting energetic beer
  and it's the world's first open source beer!

  http://www.voresoel.dk/main.php?id=70

We could also make some OpenCola for those who don't drink
alchol:

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCola

Things like this which transpose the ideas of the Free
software movement into non-virtual spaces are things that
are far more interesting to me than banning commercial
exchange... (which is something that didn't work out so
well for the Stalinist states...)...

Of course I don't actually have time to set this suff up
either... :-(

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World