[matilda] Social centres, funding and the PGA Hallmarks

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Thu Oct 6 11:05:02 BST 2005

Hi

Well, as you know by now, we were all had by Cuthbert...
D'oh indeed!

On Thu 06-Oct-2005 at 10:53:04AM +0100, dan at aktivix.org
wrote:

> The PGA Hallmarks have been discussed, at great length,
> for months, you say?

No, I didn't say that, I said that people have *wanted* to
discuss them for months but they haven't been formally
discussed -- last nights meeting was the *first* time they
were discussed -- look back at all the notes of the
meetings, the discussion was always *postponed*...

  https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Meetings_Archive

Personally I have *never* had the oppertunity to say why I
think it would be good to adopt the PGA hallmarks at a
meeting (though of course I could have has I been there
last night...)...

> Those who want the Hallmarks have been patient? They are
> also the only group trying to impose a single set of
> principles on the group.

This isn't true. Nobody has suggested that they be adopted
without consensus and nobody has suggested that they are
the *only* thing that the group should adopt -- look at
the text Helen wrote (and wasn't given the oppertunity to
propose to the meeting it was written for):

  https://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/Matilda_vision

This text doesn't represent a "single set of principles"
does it?

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World