[matilda] [Fwd: [saveswallowswood] URGENT ACTION ALERT! Demo outside PDNPA HQ, Friday 14th October]

Simon Geller simon.geller at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 14:15:02 BST 2005

Something for people who are interested in transport issues - this relates
to the proposal to build a bypass around Mottram & Timtwistle, at the
western end of the Woodhead Pass. The campaign group are proposing an HGV
ban on the road, forcing HGV's to use the M62, which would obviate the
need for a bypass and have obvious benefits for us in South Yorkshire.
Please get to the demo and support this campaign if you can.

Simon

Subject: [saveswallowswood] URGENT ACTION ALERT! Demo outside PDNPA HQ,
Friday 14th October From:    "Save Swallow's Wood :: Info"
<info at saveswallowswood.org.uk> Date:    Wed, October 12, 2005 1:24 pm
To:      "APT/SSW Campaign" <info at saveswallowswood.org.uk>

Dear Supporter,

We just wanted to remind you that we'll be emphasising our point about the
HGV ban by holding a demo outside the national park authority headquarters
in (Aldern House, Bakewell) on Friday 14th October. We need to be there
for 9am so we can welcome meeting delegates with our message.

Those of you who have already written and received replies from the Peak
Park will know they are not very enthusiastic about CPRE's report. The
line they are taking is that it might fit in with later policy changes,
but that this won't happen in the near future (probably not before 2008)!
If they take this long and don't stand up to councils and MPs over the
bypass scheme, the HGV ban and other environmentally sound transport
policies will be null and void.

If you can come along, please do so. This is a great opportunity for us to
ensure that the Peak Park Authority members and staff are aware of the HGV
ban. Hopefully our presence can persuade them to get off the fence and
move forward.

Please meet us there or e-mail info at saveswallowswood.org.uk to arrange
shared transport. Click on link below for a map showing you where to find
the Aldern House.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=421961&y=369440&z=0&sv=DE45+1AE&st=2
&pc=DE45+1AE&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

Hope to see you on Friday!

Save Swallow's Wood Campaign
Tel: 0845 226 3392
E-mail: info at saveswallowswood.org.uk