[matilda] Defining Matilda - does anyone want to join 'Think tank'

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Fri Oct 14 01:08:33 BST 2005

I have made a related proposal on the list this week. However mine
is orientated in mind very much towards a particular purpose for
this text, and may need to be slightly different from a definitive
'what we are' text. I've pasted my proposal below:

I and Ben want to have a meeting to produce a "welcome to
matilda" poster. We'd like other people to come and help. It is NOT

an overarching 'defining what we are' meeting. It's a much more
feasible, specific and practical task than that. It is simply to
produce one poster to introduce people new to the space (generally)

to what we are and what you can do here. This is different to
coming up with a set definition of what we are - The task proposed
is simply to produce a single resource, which doesn't stop other
people producing their own alternative versions of such a poster
later on if they like. We will use the notes produced in the two
'what we are' meetings to come up with something as representative
as we can, and we will check our provisional poster ONCE with a
monday meeting before producing the final poster.