[matilda] More proposals for Monday

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Fri Oct 14 01:50:59 BST 2005

Hello,

Three more proposals to get stuff done:

1. Women's space / library. There has been some confusion over
which room is going to be used for which of these. I think it's
useful to think about where these things are in relation to the
cafe. At present, the cafe collective's plan is that there will be
two 'cafe' rooms for eating. One on either side of the new kitchen.
One is (in terms of the building) internal - this one is finished
and you've all seen it. The other will be a new one, in the room on
the side of the kitchen nearest the hacklab and the front entrance.
I propose that the room next to this more social 'public' cafe be
the library, so that along with the public, accessible resources of
the hacklab and the cafe it is a 'presentable' front of MATILDA,
acessible from the front doors.

The women's space, which should be more private, can be the room
adjacent to the existing cafe room (that is, the cafe room that's
finished and above the main meeting room). This adjacent room is
the one people have been using for massage classes, and is
relatively out of the way and private - which I figure is what a
women's space needs to be.

2. meeting/office room. Several folks have asked for a meeting
room, and for office space. Could these be combined in one room
with lockable cabinets or whatever, and one meeting table, and I'll
make lots of blackboards around the walls as noticeboards for the
different groups who us it. a) The different groups who were
interested in it as office space need to agree to this sharing -
gig collective, and animal lib folks? anyone else? b) And where
should this room be?

If these groups don't want to share it as an office room, it would
still lbe useful to have a delegated meeting room for collectives
to meet in, again with noticeboards - so where can this be?

3. The "H8 G8 ain't GR8" flag on our roof is awful. It's kind of
embarrassing. Seeing as we can't agree on what kind of flag to
have, a friend of mine has volunteered to properly make us a flag
with the MATILDA logo on it, as seen flying proudly above our wiki
page, if we just let them know the required dimensions. Is everyone
okay if this is made, and we use it to replace the H8 one that's
there now?

And, um, what would those dimensions be, exactly? Someone more
mathematically minded than me, please...

Cheers!

- Gavin.
xxx