[matilda] Monday meeting & gig policy

cuthbert at riseup.net cuthbert at riseup.net
Wed Oct 19 14:56:01 BST 2005

> "When people care alot about things being rushed can lead to
> frustration and misunderstandings which then can't be rectified. This
>was certainly the case at the last meeting"

Talking over someone with the word "untrue" after every sentence and then
not informing us of the 'truth' when they get their turn to speak doesnt
help.

Putting words in someone's mouth also doesnt help.

Making personal comments doesnt help.

---

cuthbert

P.S. i agree with becky that playing games is not the answer, but treating
people with abit more respect in meetings would help.

> things are often tense cos there is not enough time to discuss things
properly.  When people care alot about things being rushed can lead to
frustration and misunderstandings which then can't be rectified. This
was certainly the case at the last meeting

> At the next monday meeting there is a huge amount of really urgent stuff to
> get through
>
> PLEASE can we not spend a fifth of the meeting time playing games
>
> Instead can we all be more conscious of time (start bang on 7.45, keep
contributions short and necessary etc) and what we have to get through,
whilst being considerate of differing, strongly held views and the
necessity
> of finding ways to move the bigger project forward.
>
> Playing 'really silly games' has never made me friends with anyone, working
> together in a respectful way has.
> However I know different things work for different people so my point
here
> is really about a shortage of time.
>
> Also in the spirit of trying to minimise misunderstandings I think the
minutes of the gig policy need to be amended
> Chris wrote:
>
> "Gig policy
> There was a long discussion...
> The gig collective proposed that they be given a two month
> period to use the space and there was a consensus on this."
>
> this needs to be changed to make it clear that during this 2m period the
gig
> SPACE collective will not be providing financial info (such as amount
expected to be taken on the door and what will be done with any
(unlikely)
> profits) in advance of gigs.  And then this approach will be reviewed.
Otherwise it doesn't reflect what the discussion was all about.
> maybe someone else can provide a better wording (maybe Rocky or someone who
> has the wording that Rocky said was contentious from the form)
> and can someone then put it on the wiki
>
> Becky

recently, I'd like to propose that from 7.45 next Monday, we spend 20
minutes playing some really silly games that a clown