[matilda] I wanna learn to DJ

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Tue Oct 25 16:00:31 BST 2005

Quoting dan at aktivix.org:

> The other thing we could think about training on: using a laptop n external
> soundcard to mobile-record some of the bands playing, then getting that
> produced quickly and stuck up on the MATILDA website for download.

We could stream direct to the internet ( as in webcast ), and/or archive it off
somewhere.  The community media association may be able to help.

burngreave.net did this for the community radio station this summer.
See
http://www.burngreave.net/node/295
and
http://i.am.burntout.org/node/6

You don't a laptop, just an old PC soundcard and a network connection, something
Matilda has already.

When we did this before we used the dyne:bolic CD.  A live cd that turns a PC
into a multimedia workstation.

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily