[matilda] write up from meeting

rhubarb tartlet rhubarbtartlet at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 02:26:57 BST 2005

>From Matilda meeting, Wed. 21/09/05

These are not minutes (but they seem a bit like
minutes!). Here is the write up of what came out of
discussion of the questions:
‘What is Matilda about?’ and 'How would we describe
Matilda to someone who knew nothing about it?'

It was agreed that the following words and brief
statements, organised in the following manner, do
represent what Matilda is about (and do not
misrepresent anybody enough for them to disagree).

WHAT(is Matilda):

An autonomous collective that allows diverse groups,
ideas and actions to thrive.

An opportunity

A space

A group/collective

Time

A resource

Defined by practice as much as ideals

HOW (it works/is run):

By allowing diversity to thrive

Co-operation

Being pro-active

Non-hierachical

Open

Inclusive

Creative

Supportive

Adventurous

Exciting

Positive

Welcoming

Peaceful

Dynamic – flowing not fixed

Unrestrictive

Coming together

Experimenting

Sharing skills and ideas

DIY

Practice as well as ideals

[Matilda] Stands FOR:

Diverse groups

People

Resistance

Pleasure

Fun

Peaceful

Autonomy

Love

Cakes

Seeking to create and promote alternatives to
capitalism

Sustainability

Skill sharing

Reclaiming space

An end to exploitation and oppression

It was agreed that this is part of an ongoing process.
No decision has been made as to where to take the
process from here or what these words and statements
will be used for or to create. Only that these points
are something we agree on and therefore can be taken
forward in some way.

The PGA hallmarks were intended to be discussed after
this point had been reached but time ran out. It was
agreed that they will be discussed at the next meeting
continuing this process. The PGA hallmarks have not
been ruled out.

The next meeting will be arranged at next Mondays
general meeting.

Thats all folks

ruth
xxxx