[matilda] Re[2]: c90/ ticketing and fixed event prices

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 28 11:22:04 BST 2005

Hi Dougald,

To make it members only event you need a list of names and possibly
addresses of members. Membership can be free and at the Ceildih
society people join when they arrive.

If the police do come then one can say in honesty that this is a
private members event and look - here is our list of members. This
gets you round problematic laws like the need for an entertainments
licence etc and also I think means you can rightfully turn the police
away too (unless they have a search warrant - which is unlikely).

steve

dougald> steve -

dougald> what's the best way to make something 'members only'? would it involve
dougald> everyone signing in at the door? how could matilda membership work?

dougald> i'm not being sceptical - just trying to figure out how this would
dougald> work in practice.