Re. [matilda] Closed meetings...?

Amparo PG amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Thu Feb 16 19:35:43 GMT 2006

Hello, i like the idea of the off-off-collective, or the other other
collective, as proposed by several scattered brains on this list. Also,
nice to take into account the geographically diffused.
Encouragements also to the street theatre proposal, it might (see Alice
Collins message) get into a proper theatre &film collective, why not? We
haven't explored all possibilities yet for Matilda events...
The risk was, when the new structure was being planned, that meetings
would stop happening, but if persons not involved in any currect
collective actually want to contribute to Matilda, it's up to them to
propose it and i guess up to the others to approve or disapprove.

There have always been persons hanging around Matilda meetings, the new
structure was aimed at reducing "pontification" and make Matilda more
efficient since only major concerns and topics will be brought up to the
inter-collectives meeting,  no time for endless grudges against one
another, no time for subtle aggressions, which sometimes made us think
that "the enemy was inside" or just triggered endless resentment,
retaliation and in some, even paranoid conspirational fears ( which does
not mean we are totally helpless hopeless or useless...)

But if someone was afraid of not being able to integrate into any
collective, they could try  "the other" to begin with , previous to
getting to know the other persons better. In fact, persons tend to know
very little about each other and it's by effort and will that sometimes
we succeed in breaking those barriers. We are living in a capitalist
system, and many responses are conditioned.

I would like to give all my friends a strong hug.
I like reading this list.

Amp