[matilda] Fwd: 30th Nov meeting, uk-wide social centres gathering bradford JANUARY 27 AND 28

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Tue Nov 21 23:14:02 GMT 2006

Forwarded from Paul Chatterton (paul_chatterton at yahoo.co.uk) from Leeds:
-----------------------

folks

in anticipation of the next uk wide social centres gathering in bradford
JANUARY 27 AND 28 there is an organising meeting for it at the 1 in 12
on 30th nov at 8pm

now i dont expect people to come all way t'bradford as its a long way
for a short meeting and you can chip by email

an important request we have is that we would like the day to also be
full of some workshops on practical stuff useful to running social
centres. this could include:

** legal and paperwork issues

** technical - setting up PAs, computers, cinemas

** distribution issues - film, music, bands etc

** organising tours

** organisation skills

** history lessons

** dealing with common problems - vounteering, self management etc

** other stuff!

IF ANYONE FEELS THEY CAN OFFER A WORKSHOP RELEVANT TO SOCIAL CENTRES AND
IS COMING  IN JAN PLEASE LET US KNOW ASAP

cheers
paul