[matilda] Race hatred behind No.10's mosque petition

ruhul ruhul at blink.org.uk
Thu Apr 26 18:30:41 BST 2007

 **Race hatred behind No.10's mosque petition **

 **by Lester Holloway **

 26/4/2007

 **THE RACE HATRED of a woman behind a Downing Street anti-mosque
petition can now be revealed. **

 Jill Barham's website

 No.10 refused to act over Jill Barham's petition
<http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/?showall=1>
despite being bombarded with emails objecting to the threat of
"terrible violence and suffering" against Muslims if the mosque goes
ahead.

 Blink reported earlier this month that far-right organisations were
backing the petition.

 We can now reveal that Barham spouts vile racial hatred on her blog
<http://uk-englishrose.blogspot.com/>
under the name "English Rose." She has also posted links to a number
of extreme-right websites.

 Blink has now send another email to Downing Street's webmaster
requesting that No.10 take action over the petition, as many of the
39,000 signatries would be horrified by Barham's race-hate views.

 The UK English Rose blog includes a string of tirades against Islam
including "Muslims who rape western women", and has a link to the
Battle for Britain which has a picture of two monkeys which it calls
Trevor Phillips and Diane Abbott.

 In an email to Downing Street's webmaster today, Blink wrote: 'We
are extremely concerned that many of the people who signed Jill
Barham's petition were unaware of her racial hatred, which is
displayed on her blog.

 'It is obvious that many of the signatries would not have signed the
petition if they had known this. As the petition has been fatally
undermined, we call for it to be taken down immediately.

 'We also object strongly to the name "KILL ALL NIGGERS" who is
listed on No.10's website signing this petition. It is outrageous to
have such unbridled racism should be published on the Prime
Minister's website.

 'We reiterate that the petitioners reference to "terrible violence
and suffering" is a clear implicit threat of violence against Muslims
should the so-called mega mosque be given the go-ahead.'

 Blink urges our readers to email Downing Street at:
webmaster at pmo.gov.uk <mailto:webmaster at pmo.gov.uk>
 to urge that this petition is amended to remove the reference to
"terrible violence and suffering" and that the words "KILL ALL
NIGGERS" are removed from the signature list.

 Below is a Model letter.

 I am extremely disappointed that you did not respond in any way to
my

 previous email objecting to the following Downing Street petition:

 http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ScrapMegaMosque/

 My email to you on 5th April raised objections to the words
"terrible

 violence and suffering" used by petitioner Jill Barham to describe
what

 would happen if the so-called mega-mosque was given the go-ahead.
Given

 that this petition is being pushed on many extreme-right websites, I
and

 many other people, feared this was a clear threat of violence
directed

 against Muslims.

 Today I am also concerned to discover that one of the signatries to
this

 petition is listed on Downing Street's website under the name "KILL
ALL

 NIGGERS." It is outrageous to witness such unbridled racism
published on

 the Prime Minister's website. I would strongly urge you to remove
this

 signature which is deeply offensive to black people, and all decent
people.

 I have discovered that the petitioner Ms Barham runs the following

 website: http://uk-englishrose.blogspot.com
<http://uk-englishrose.blogspot.com/>
 - using the name "English Rose."

 You will see that this website is overflowing with examples of
racial

 hatred, including a string of tirades against Islam such as "Muslims
who

 rape western women." It also has many hyperlinks to other websites
with

 far-right leanings such as "Battle for Britain" which has a picture
of

 two monkeys which it calls Trevor Phillips and Diane Abbott.

 This is clear evidence of the extreme right tendancies of Jill
Barham

 and her accolites. We are extremely concerned that many of the
people

 who signed her petition were unaware of her racial hatred, which is

 displayed on her blog.

 It is obvious that many of the signatries would not have signed the

 petition if they had known this. As the petition has been fatally

 undermined, we call for the petition to be taken down immediately.

 I would also reiterate my un-responded to demand, made earlier this

 month, that the petitioners reference to "terrible violence and

 suffering" is removed.