[AktiviX] Scanners

max max at tofubandits.org.uk
Wed Dec 17 10:40:55 UTC 2003

Hi Doug

I got a refurbished agfa snapscan e20 for £25 two years ago. works fine under
mandrake (no idea about windows ;-))

if you have a look at configure scanner in the mandrake control centre,
clicking on configure scanner manually, you'll see a list (presumably of
scanners that work....)

the mdk hardware compat list on the website is incredibly conservative. my
scanner was listed as "absolutely-not-never-ever-really" when i got it, but i
got it working after half an hour's hacking, and since mdk9.0 it just works
'out of the box'.

i'd check out the kind of places linked to from
http://seedsforchange.org.uk/res/computer.html#where, then do a google for
mandrake <name-of-cheap-scanner-you-find> to see what comes up....

good luck!

max