[AktiviX] hardware crisis

pault pault at burngreave.net
Thu Oct 2 19:00:25 UTC 2003

Hi All

Had what I think is a [IDE] HD failure today, which is not too much of problem in itself as there was no data on there and its was an experiment for sharing on home network. I've taken the drive out [and its associated IDE cable to motherboard as it was only device on bus].

Restart. Then:

FAILED @

checking filesystems
Couldn't find matching filesystem: LABEL=/commons

asks for root password and then drops me into shell.

So how do I get it to ignore the now non-existent drive?

pault
--
pault <mailto:pault at burngreave.net>
<http://www.burngreave.net/~pault/>