[AktiviX] futurenet to do campaigning round up / outreach

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Sat Oct 11 11:08:31 UTC 2003

The Campaign for Digital Rights [1] has a stall at Linux Expo and one of
people  doing it send a message to another list [2] I am on, I thought a
bit of it may be of interest
here:

 Jim Peters jim at uazu.net said:

"Also, a guy called Matt Nailon from Linux Format popped by to shake

hands, and he mentioned that they were looking at doing a big article
giving a roundup of all the campaigning organizations surrounding the
open-source/free software scene.  He has my name and Julian's, and he
should hopefully be in touch at some point, but in case it is worth
contacting him beforehand, he is matthew.nailon (at) futurenet.co.uk."

I though some of you might want to get in touch.

Also I think the Broken Windows with Stronger Fences leaflet done by Paul Mobbs / Free Range Network  is really good to get over general message to those in our mileu.

I could not find a copy of it on website [3] but I guess will be put up sometime there later. I did pick up a few at Aktivix, and may try a get copied up.

Is there a smaller free software advocacy leaflet someone has done allready?

Also I have long at back of my head thought about doing a  article  about
free software and related issues for one of various anarcho or leftie mags but I prefer to do other things to writing articles and never set aside time for it.

cheers,

Space Bunny

http://www.j12.org/sb/freesoft.htm

[1] http://ukcdr.org/