[AktiviX] A webmaster arrest

mr69 at haywood.iww.org mr69 at haywood.iww.org
Fri Oct 24 10:43:27 UTC 2003

Those going to the bookfair this weekend or the Stallman talk might bring
up the phony arrest of Sherman Austin, webmaster for
http://www.raisethefist.org

This interview is sprinkled round the net at various websites
http://www.hipforums.com/thread-2-118743.html

I should think we who attended Aktivix conference could be thinking about
organizing something about this.  Have the normal internet civil liberties
crowd said much about this?  Lots of people run websites that challenge
the government but Sherman is black and anarchist.  This is a chance for
people outside the USA to support those inside who are fighting the
Empires lack of civil liberties from inside its belly. So-called
antiterrorism legislation is being used to shut down an effective website
and prevent black activists from communicating anarchism to the larger
peace movement.

does anyone know if there are any days of action organized around this
case?

-Michael