[AktiviX] migration

Peter Cheer petercheer at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 13:04:00 UTC 2003

Hi

One of the problems that open source software can face is in scaling up.
People see it running on an individuals computer and think 'yeah great' but
I could never get my work to shift from Micro$oft / Apple Mac. True
persuading organisations to shift can be a lot harder than single users...
but the EU has spent some of our taxes funding a study that will help. The
guide (http://europa.eu.int/ISPO/ida/export/files/en/1603.pdf) is intended
for IT administrators and decision makers in the public sector who are
contemplating migrating to open source but makes sensible reading for any
organisation who is thinking about it.

Pete