[AktiviX] Auditory browser for Linux

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Sun Sep 28 00:04:02 UTC 2003

Quoting King Queen <kq at kingqueen.org.uk>:

> Hi,
>
> Somebody was asking me at the gathering about speech-based
> (audiotory) web browsers for Linux. I've just found one based on
> emacs. There's a truly appalling website devoted to it at
> http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net/

It doesn't seem trivial to install.

The links to the IBM ViaVoice software don't seem to exist any longer.  A google
for them finds tarred RPM's exist at
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~laird/Linux/ViaVoice/

they give segmentation faults on my SuSE 8.2 box though.

If any body has better luck with it shout up!

AED
--
"Ideas improve. The meaning of words participates in the improvement.
Plagiarism is necessary. Progress implies it. It embraces an author's phrase,