[AktiviX] Media Hacklab Open meeting tomorrow 5pm

Asa Winstanley asa at youthwise.org
Fri Apr 2 11:23:30 UTC 2004

The next open meeting to plan the road ahead for the Hacklab is
taking place on this Saturday the 3rd of April at 5pm at Freedom
Press Bookshop, Whitechapel. This will include plans for our next
benefit event on the 17th of April.

The address: Angel Alley, 84b Whitechapel High Street, London E1
7QX. The alley is next to the KFC near Aldgate East tube,
Whitechapel Art Gallery exit.

A new Media Hacklab is getting started in the east end of London.
Based at the Freedom Press bookshop and social centre, it will be
an open access computer lab with internet access. Going beyond the
preponderance of internet cafes, a Hacklab is a political space
used for alternative media, the use and development of free
software and other emancipatory technologies, skill sharing and
collective learning, community projects and anything else we can
organise. The projects that happen there will depend on the
commitment of those involved.

Media Hacklab at Freedom Press Bookshop:  http://www.hacklab.org.uk

We are preparing for the meeting by collaberatively creating an
agenda using our wiki. Please add any points you'd like to raise
at the meeting:
 http://wiki.hacklab.org.uk/index.php/Agenda_3rd_April_2004