[AktiviX-discuss] Defend-naseh list settings

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Fri Aug 13 10:18:29 UTC 2004

Hi Dave

These are the setting I have changed on the list, I have
copied this email to the aktivix list so that it could be
used to put together a mailman howto document for list
admins on the aktivix wiki :-)

One thing that is odd is that although on the Privacy
options Subscription rules page the 'What steps are
required for subscription?' option is set to Confirm
(which means that anyone should be able to join the list)
the list is actually behaving like it is set to Confirm
and approve -- I haven't been able to join the list -- can
someone else look at this? Thanks.

Chris

General Options

- The public name of this list (make case-changes only).

    Changed from: Defend-naseh
    To:           defend-naseh

  I changed this because I think lowercase list names
  looks nicer!

- A terse phrase identifying this list.

    Added:      Organising to oppose the deportation of
                Naseh Ghafor

- An introductory description - a few paragraphs - about
  the list. It will be included, as html, at the top of
  the listinfo page. Carriage returns will end a paragraph
  - see the details for more info.

    Added:      Naseh Ghafor is on hunger strike to oppose
                his deportation to Iraq, he lives in
                Burngreave, Sheffield. He has sewn up his
                lips and is refusing medical attention. He
                believes he will be killed if he is
                deported to Iraq. His father and brother
                were killed there and his sister and
                mother are missing.  David Blunkett says
                it is safe for him to return to Iraq. It
                is not.

  Plesae edit the above as needs be -- I just did a cut
  and paste from Indymedia.

- Prefix for subject line of list postings.

    Changed from:       [Defend-naseh]
    To:                 [defend-naseh]