[AktiviX] reuse policy

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Fri Jul 9 10:35:44 UTC 2004

mp wrote:

>http://wiki.aktivix.org/AktiviX:Copyrights

I might dive in there some time. I had been hopeing to do a big response
to debate but have not found time.

My view is especially for wikis one should have free-est reuse policy as
possible

or dual license with GnuFDL and CC-share-alike without commercial or
credit restriction.

I hope to give a few scenarios based on previous experience to push the
case not to us copyright to add further restrictions than copylefting
(id keeping derivative works available for reuse as well).

My position is in flux on the whole copyleft thing due to way if we
adopt and push it we end up having to take copyright law serious and may
have to be watchfull and restrictive. But copyleft has lots going for it.

I wrote this a while ago:

http://j12.org/files/copyleft.htm

I really should write something new without inaccuracies and to reflect
my more recent understanding and stance. Also I have since found out
about the disrepectfullness of irony in Newtons quote and would not use
it in future.

cheers,

Space Bunny
http://j12.org/sb/