[AktiviX-discuss] fliers

Drew Whitworth drew at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jul 21 08:03:07 UTC 2004

On 20 Jul 2004 at 23:04, Chris wrote:

> Drew Whitworth wrote:
>
> >On 16 Jul 2004 at 18:23, mp wrote:
> >_____________________________________________
> >AktiviX II - Another System is Possible!
> >10-12th September 2004 — Sheffield, England
> >

> >Note this does clash with a meeting in Manchester
> >(11th Sept) organised by Defy-ID. Not saying this is a
> >problem - it's probably too late to change dates
> >anyway - but some people might be keen to attend
> >both. Perhaps the agenda for Aktivix could reflect
> >that and maybe even some transport between the
> >two could be arranged (even if it's just people sharing
> >cars).
> >

> Good idea, is the Manchester meeting on Saturday and Sunday?
>
> I couldn't find any onfo on the web site:
>
> http://www.defy-id.org.uk/
>
> If you have some more info adding it to the web site would be good :-)

I've no influence with what's on the  web site but here
is some info I received by e-mail. Seems to be a one-
day thing:

Hello all,

Below is a draft agenda for the gathering on ID cards,
11th September in
Manchester.  Suggestions / additions please.  The
idea is that this will
be an organising meeting for people already opposed
to Blunkett’s plans,
not a gathering to convince people that ID cards are
bad news.  We’d
like
to bring together individuals, groups and different
networks to see how
we
can work together in our resistance to the
encroaching big brother
state.

We would really appreciate help in publicising this
meeting.  We’ll have
leaflet online (www.defy-id.org.uk) in the next couple
of weeks, which
can
be printed off and distributed liberally. Also, please
pass this on to
other people, lists and groups online. Anyone who is
interested in
coming
along can email us for directions to the venue (just so
we can keep a
bit
of a track of how many people we’ll be expecting)
admin at defy-id.org.uk

Thanks.
Defy-ID

Gathering on Resisting ID Cards
11 September
Manchester

09:30 – Arrive, tea & coffee
10:00 – Introductions and agenda
additions/alterations
10:30 – Update on current situation re ID cards.
Questions and
discussion
11:30 – Update on current campaigns, actions,
groups and networks
12:30 – Lunch
13:30 –  Vision: Brainstorming session on
campaigning/action ideas
14:30 – Tea Break
15:00 – Bricks & Mortar:  Where next? How best to
organise as a network?
Should we set up more groups or find local contact
points for ID card
opposition?  How can we make some of the
campaigning and action ideas a
reality?  Another meeting?  Organise a wider
conference?
4.30 – Finish

Drew