[AktiviX-discuss] brief (read: quick) summary of license debate

Max Gastone banangling at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 08:25:08 UTC 2004

I agree with point of view that the GPL is too broad to be translated
simply 'as-is' into information realms; I think of several cases
where it would have been completely inappropriate for something I
created.

Why cant we not simply introduce an ethical clause to the licenses,
or am I missing something here? It seems to being assumed that we
have to use a license someone else has created.

If you can constrain something as not been able to be used for
commerical gain, then you can constrain it to not be used for other
objects, as long as those definitions are clear.

Max