[AktiviX] Media Hacklab open meeting this Sunday

Chris chris at slugbug.org.uk
Wed May 5 14:11:46 UTC 2004

Hi

On Wed 05-May-2004 at 02:26:01PM +0100, asa at custard.org
wrote:

> Sunday's meeting will be more about the long term
> direction of the Hacklab, such as how we prefer to fund
> it and our attitude towards non-free/proprietory
> software in the lab. All are welcome to attend.

I was reading some of the archives last night:

It's interesting to hear "anti-capitalists" arguing in
favour of warez copies of windows and supportative of
activists spending their free time and energy learning how
to support the products of monopoly capital!

I guess this shows that the free software movement still
has some outreach and educational tasks ahead...

If I wasn't just an observer from afar this debate would
have me very wound up... I'd probably be agitating for a
fork to creat a nofreedomlab for the people wanting to
use windows ;-)

Good luck with the meeting!

Chris

--
http://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/
SlugBug - the Sheffield Linux Users Group and BSD Users Group