[AktiviX] RMS at Informatics Colloquium in Edinburgh

Space Bunny lists at j12.org
Sat May 29 00:46:00 UTC 2004

Some of the photos of RMS in edinburgh were have been posted at:
http://www.scotland.indymedia.org/newswire/display/238/index.php

Ulla (ab) did a brief interview with RMS just before his talk, which can
be found in Ogg Vorbis format here:
http://rms.movingpages.org/audio/rms-interview-edinburgh-270504.ogg (8
MB - 22 mins)

about event:
http://www.movingpages.org/MoinWiki/RichardStallman

Ulla is working on audio version of Informatics Colloqium talk plus QnA
he gave from the minidisk recording she made.

We will try to make available in more compact ogg speex format (
http://speex.org ) as well as ogg vorbis ( http://vorbis.org ). Will let
you know when available.

Someone else recorded the speech as well and this had been made
availiable on net, I attach the bit torrent tracker for that file. But
as ulla's was done with a better microphone, and will not have 6mins of
runin and other breaks removed, and maybe be broken up into sections, I
recommend you wait till ulla's version is availiable

Bit Torrent is better at resuming than http download, in fact it is
quite good if you have dial up to split large download sessions up. And
if one opens ports needed will be fast as connection. Also as P2P based
it deals with a limited transfer allowance on hosting servers.

There are various bit torrent clients.

apt-get install bittorrent
or
urpmi bittorrent
etc.
given you have set up respositories needed as sources.

then in dir where you saved torrent file:
btdownloadcurses rms-speech-gnu-edin-270504.ogg.torrent
but there are other bt commands.

For more info on bit torrent see:
http://www.monduna.com/bt/faq.html
http://www.infoanarchy.org/wiki/wiki.pl?BitTorrent_FAQ