[AktiviX-discuss] list request lost in moderator space

aktiv at zenatode.org.uk aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Wed Nov 3 15:04:54 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 01:29:18PM +0000, mp wrote:

> someone applied for a list for some political paganism, but it was held
> by moderator and never came out of that again..
>
> is it still there or is a re-request needed?

Hello,

I am new to aktivix-discuss and I joined because I was aware that
some people were intending to set up a pagan/magik/activist type
list here. As I understand it the first step of the procedure to
set up a new list is to propose it in aktivix-discuss, but I could
not find any such proposal in the archive.

The proposed name for the list (which apparently emerged through
a fairly lengthy discussion process) was pagan_magik, but judging
by the other aktivix list names it seems that the standard separator
is "-" not "_" so I guess it should really be pagan-magik.

Anyway, for what it is worth, I support the creation of this list.

On a general point, I do try to steer people away from Yahoo! but
unfortunately they host a dozen or so lists I am interested in so
I need an account. I also have an account at riseup, which is
clearly better, but I agree with someone who pointed out that it
is unwise for all activists to rely on a single system for mailing
lists. Aktivix seems like an excellent alternative, well done to
all those who helped get it going.

Livity,
Ian

--