[AktiviX-discuss] Email request

r7 r7 at aktivix.org
Tue Nov 16 13:05:45 UTC 2004

quoting josh:

zak >> I'd like to request the email address zak at aktivix.org if that's
zak >> possible...

> I know Zak, and happily second this

'tis a done thing.

zak >> PS I'm really starting to think we should have a better process than
zak >> filling a -discuss list up with requests for accounts...

> this has been suggested. In fact, I think that MP has already proposed
> moving to a -request or -accounts list for account-requests. If so, this
> counts as aktive agreement; if not, this is a proposal!

i can certainly understand folks' frustration about having their inboxes being
filled with admin requests -- especially when it's the majority of the traffic
[as it has been recently].

the protocol we're using for accepting users and lists is friend of a friend,
and by definition this works best with a larger pool of people.
[aktivix-discuss] is the largest pool of people we have at this point. i'm not
fully sure what that means but [aktivix-request] isn't a complete solution...
perhaps folks who were subbed to [request] would only pass it to [discuss] if
they couldn't do the friend of a friend bit themselves.

r7
--
r7 [at] aktivix [dot] org