[AktiviX-discuss] Anonymity, requests and procedures for setting up things

mp mp at aktivix.org
Thu Nov 18 00:55:30 UTC 2004

hi all,

...just had a chat with r7, from which i am posting edited excerpts:

<r7> what's ur opinion on the -request list idea
<r7> i can sort of see it

<mp> sounds awrite, but then there is another list to keep up with..

<r7> but the biggest arena arguement is the clincher 4 me

<mp> but then it will be isolated from other matters..
<mp> and then easier to keep track of..
<mp> in theory :-)
-
<mp> i am also a bit "worried" about the way we do it:
<mp> x wants email
<mp> y seconds by saying that x is doing this, doing that in a publicly
archived list
<mp> not exactly an anonymous procedure

* r7 nods
* r7 thinks this probably implies -request should be closed-archive

<mp> yup

<r7> so
<r7> -request gets a request from some1 we don't know
<r7> we=-request subscribers

* mp following...

<r7> what do we do then
<r7> ask -discuss?
<r7> public arena

<mp> perhaps we can ask from -request back to the person requesting
something for references before going public on -discuss (giving a
warning)
<mp> i dont mind keeping track of these things, although not on me own
<mp> but i dont have tech skills very much, so i can do housekeeping of
that sort
<r7> sounds like a proposal

what do you all think?

mp+r7
--
Take control of your informational flow!
Join a community server: http://wiki.aktivix.org