[AktiviX-discuss] leaving yahoo groups behind

NorthLondon John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 1 10:18:26 UTC 2004

Hi,

As I'm sure we all know, many radical groups use Yahoo Groups for
mailing lists, sharing files etc. I must be a member of at least 10.

Increasingly, I've found that Yahoo's performance has deteriorated to
the point of uselessness - slow or undelivered emails, flooded by
adverts, usability issues, etc.

And lets not forget their exploitation of janatorial workers:
http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/06/133695.php

So:
For a group without money or tech expertise who need a mailing list and
some way of sharing documents - what alternatives are there?
What software is there for running such services?
Would it be possible for Aktivix to set up some sort of service like
this?

John