[AktiviX-discuss] Another dumb question...

max max at tofubandits.org.uk
Fri Oct 8 14:01:53 UTC 2004

On Thursday 07 Oct 2004 5:32 pm, Dan wrote:
> Allo,
>
> My company (who try to be ethical!) are about to pay £4000 for a
> SHAREPOINT system to allow our centres to book rooms on an  extranet.
>
> Can anyone suggest any non-Microsoft alternatives?

well, haven't tried these, but according to the <shudder> linuxformat magazine
</shudder> http://mrbs.sourceforge.net is a wonderful room and equipment
booker.

> Can't promise they'll bite, coz like so many folks it's a case of "well,
> we're this far down the Microsoft path now, and we don't have the time
> or energy to investigate these new routes, and we don't even know for
> sure that they'll work: we'd rather just pay the £4000 and have peace of
> mind..."
well, £4k will buy installation by outside geek, a lot of support (peace of
mind for people who don't understand the concept of diy, self-help and long
term sustainability), training (for those who do understand long-term
sustainability), or even a mix of both.

hey, for £4k I'd do some testing and come and install it for you and show you
how to use it!

max

ps some CMS systems seem to have this kind of feature too...