[AktiviX-discuss] where's the rutland?

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Fri Sep 10 09:31:42 UTC 2004

Hi

On Fri 10-Sep-2004 at 10:17:14AM +0100, max wrote:

> how do we get to the rutland?
>  doesn't say on aktivix or rutland website
>  address or directions would be very helpful ;-)

OK, wiki updated with more info:

 All that is planned on Friday is meeting at The Rutland
 (http://www.rutlandarms-sheffield.co.uk/) pub from 7pm
 onwards it does food before 7 or so, it is near the train
 and coach station and here we will can sort out
 accomodation and have a beer :-)

 The address is: 86 Brown Street, S1 2BS. And from the bus
 / train station walk up past road works and The Howard
 pub and the Showroom Bar on Paternoster Row, past the
 former NCPM (big stainless steel drum building, hosting
 Sheffield Live! in the ground floor of the first drum),
 Paternoster Row then turns into Brown Street, walk past
 Spearmint Rhinos and the Rutland is on the corner, see
 the Rutland website
 (http://www.rutlandarms-sheffield.co.uk/) for a picture
 of the pub. It's only about 5mins from the station, ask
 locals if in doubt :-)

 Streetmap
 (http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=435563&Y=386790&A=Y&Z=1)
 | Multimap
 (http://multimap.co.uk/map/browse.cgi?lat=53.3768&lon=-1.4669&scale=10000&icon=x)

 There is an open wirless node in the pub, use these
 settings:

  BOOTPROTO=dhcp
  ESSID=conexant
  CHANNEL=11
  MODE=Auto

 Join the #aktivix irc channel here:

  http://chat.indymedia.org/?chans=aktivix

 http://wiki.aktivix.org/AktiviX:AktiviX_II#Friday

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World