[AktiviX-discuss] Old open source article...

Dan dan at aktivix.org
Fri Dec 9 12:15:14 UTC 2005

Allo,

Just been reading an old e-public wotsit in the Guardian, from October.
Maybe y'all know about this, but it was news to me. (Well... it was in a
newspaper, so it kinda is by default, but you know what I mean! :) )

Says that some local authorities are going open source - and Birmingham
is converting its 1000 PCs in all 40 libraries to linux, firefox and
Open Office... cool!

Cheshire County Council is using OS to extend the life of old computers,
turning a lot of the into thin clients.

Bristol City Council staff are now using StarOffice...

Crikey! All pretty cool, I reckon.

http://society.guardian.co.uk/e-public/story/0,,1600150,00.html

Dan