[AktiviX-request] Re: [AktiviX-discuss] aktivix and academic/activist projects: principled objections?

Harry Halpin hhalpin at ibiblio.org
Mon Dec 19 00:12:06 UTC 2005

While I don't participate in running Aktivix, my two cents is that the
obvious solution is to ask:

1) Are these academics that also identify as activists, with the goals
of social change, and see their research as working towards these goals?

or

2) Are these just academics that are studying activism from the
*outside*, i.e. do not identify with the goals of social change, but
consider it an interesting research project?

If the answer is 1), yes - they should get aid, like anyone else in
Britain working for social change. If the answer is 2), then obviously
they should just use Uni. resources at their respective Unis.

cheers,
harry