[AktiviX-discuss] proposals

ekes ekes at riseup.net
Sat Jan 22 22:42:02 UTC 2005

Max Gastone wrote:
> It seems to me that without an agreed policy or
> understanding of the exact security needs of the list
> that this sort of discussion is jumping the gun.

I suspect the discussion should clear them up! There rightly isn't any
formal procedures for most of this stuff and it gets clarified through
action and open discussion.

> Personally, I dont see how I can get involved when I
> do not even know what the ground rules are or what we
> are trying to secure ourselves from.
>
> There is little point elevating security measures into
> security itself unless there is a coherent policy
> underpinning it. That there is even a debate of sorts
> on it indicates that a more fundamental confusion
> about the security needs (if any are indeed needed)
> exists.
>
> Personally, I dont see much point, other than to keep
> email addresses out of the public arena and away from
> spambots.

Hmmm... I felt it was to do with obfuscating individuals identities.
Which I think is cool, ok making it hard(er) on the searcher, but that
should not get in the way of openess, accountability and accessibility.

But that was my reading. Your right some more clarity would be useful.
--
http://leedsbradford.indymedia.org.uk/ 	GPG Key: 0xC3900BA5
xmmp://ekes@jabber.org.uk	m$ messenger:ekes at hotmail.co.uk