[AktiviX-discuss] proposals

mp mp at aktivix.org
Mon Jan 24 01:15:30 UTC 2005

hi,

On Sat, 2005-01-22 at 18:01, max wrote:
> isn't the wiki there for open info and posterity?

yes, sounds reasonable

>  do we
> really need to openly archive all email correspondence?

no, not all; that is the whole point, but some..

>  why?

to tell the world and our children (who wants to edit the wiki)...

>  is it really
> that valuable? shouldn't the valuable stuff go on the wiki anyway?

how does it get there? and how can it be edited and "approved" if there
is no openly accessible archives of the discussions that lead to
whatever articulations that end up on the wiki?

imho, archives can function as an accountability measure that is
structurally analogous/similar to "letting everyone speak" in a
consensus process, and also, if you join after the discussions have been
had, then you can contest the old discussions; i.e., critically reflect
on the process of reaching (whatever the) consensus (may be) by
accessing the archives.

This is about continuity, accountability, flexibility, and about being
dynamic - and to enhance the debugging potential of our actions: freely
sharing our code...... and of course for the same reason as some
security measures are needed (google) it surely is in the interest of
aktivix to have wide exposure, no? (maybe i am wrong, and this is
supposed to be a clandestine exercise?)

> and what about when things get discussed that people would prefer not to have
> openly accessible on the internet?

then don't use email? or if one thinks that there is such a thing as
secure email lists, then take the discussion to where they may be?