[AktiviX-discuss] Practical Security Advice for Campaigns and Activists

max max at tofubandits.org.uk
Tue Mar 22 11:42:52 UTC 2005

> Yeah, I have done some research on crypted disks (but not
> got as far as setting one up...) and what is really needed
> (but is probably a year or so off) is the option to set
> this up when installing a linux distro -- afaik no distro
> offers this yet, perhaps Blag might be one of the first
> though?
mandrake has done it for about the last 5 or so versions already. you can do
it at installation when you're doing the disk partitioning, or later on with
the control centre.

it only goes up to 128bit, but if you do "drakloop" (as any user) later on
that gives you a gui to set up an encrypted directory, with the choice of up
to 256bit. there's no documentation with it, so it assumes you know what
you're clicking on, but that can be easily remedied!