[AktiviX-discuss] Distros and such...

r7 r7 at aktivix.org
Sun Oct 23 22:27:25 UTC 2005

quoting Harry [in reply to John]:

> As for distros, I use Ubuntu right now on my laptop and *highly*
> recommend it.

i use blag 30001 [1]. fedora core 3 derived. i *highly* recommend it. explicitly
activist, media and politics oriented. one cd install. ix86 architecture only
unfortunately.

> Given this is a listserv for activists, I think we should encourage
> playing with distributions, but that we should try to get more people to
> use straight Free Software ala Debian that has a minimal corporate
> influence.

one of the reasons i like blag is that it is 'proper' free also. and a good
arms-length from fedora.

the community is small but lively and helpful and has overlap other than me on
this list.

   irc://irc.indymedia.org/#blag
   http://forums.blagblagblag.org/
   http://wiki.blagblagblag.org/