[AktiviX-discuss] Autistici/Inventati] Newsletter - Fundraising 2007

ana ana at aktivix.org
Sun Nov 12 21:37:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

Well sorry I haven't still posted anything from our meeting in London,
but we did talk about the funding need - and now I 've seen this from
autistici and we could use it for our imminent financing efforts? at
least as an idea...

ana

-------- Original Message -------- (taking out the bit in Italian)
Subject: 	[Autistici/Inventati] Newsletter - Fundraising 2007

========================= ENGLISH VERSION ==========================

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
AUTISTICI/INVENTATI NEWSLETTER
FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
life, death and kaos
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Soon after our latest newsletter (the one about http://noblogs.org
and http://link.autistici.org), here we are again for something
really fundamental: money!

++++ THE REAL PRICE OF FREE COMMUNICATION

We really have to repeat it: Autistici/Inventati's services (mailboxes,
lists, hosting, blogs and much more) are not free as in beer --
besides our personal efforts for maintaining our servers and website,
which engage us on a voluntary and daily basis, our monthly expenses
for connection and many other things averages 800 euros every month,
totalling about 10,000 euros a year (for further details, go to:
http://www.autistici.org/it/who/costs.html ).

For a while, we managed to go on with the little funds we had, and for
nearly two years we haven't launched any fundraising campaigns; but now
our situation is getting critical, and as we have been announcing for a
while now, we must start making wonders for getting you to support us,
thus granting the survival of all services we provide.
More simply: without your contributions, Autistici/Inventati will not
live long.

++ MONEY MONEY MONEY! FUND US AND YOURSELVES

That's why we ask all of you, who use, have fun and suffer
on Autistici.org/Inventati.org, to support us and yourselves by
contributing as you can.  There are many ways for subscribing to A/I --
choose the one you prefer and use it:

http://www.autistici.org/it/join/donate.html

Besides, in December we'll start distributing our merchandise (T-shirts,
posters, etc.) for you to buy it and fund our project: as soon as we
identify an adequate distribution system, we'll let you know how to
order your favourite gadgets.

++ KAOS TOUR

We'll try offsetting this mercenary money request by offering you our
bodies: we are organizing the 2006-2007 Kaos Tour edition: a series of
meetings where you can see us, touch us and find out what we look like
(some of us do like peanuts or chocolate, even if most of us prefer
ganja); what's important, though, is that you'll be able to listen to a
live detailing of the R* plan, to curse against us about the problems
you're experiencing, to ask for explanations about all your doubts,
to get your hands on our wonderful merchandise, to throw cakes at us
and so on.

Apart from getting us out of our autistic nutshells to exchange
our minds with the outer world, these events will of course help us
raising funds.
A first date in our tour will take place in Bologna, at the Laboratorio
occupato Crash!, on Saturday 2nd December during the Info Free Flow,
and we'll soon inform you about our further program.
Meanwhile, if you want to know something about our past Kaos
Tours and future events, follow the website kaostour.autistici.org
We look forward to meeting a lot of you.

++  CONTRIBUTE NOW:

http://www.autistici.org/en/join/donate.html

November 2006
The Autistici-Inventati collective