[AktiviX-discuss] Setting up a server with encrypted partitions and swap

scott scott at aktivix.org
Tue Oct 3 11:16:06 UTC 2006

hi,

Alan Dawson wrote:
> It running debian stable -  and I'd prefer to stick with that rather than
> compile custom kernels and cryptotools, though if there is a compelling reason
> not to I'd certainly listen.

upcoming standard seems to be luks - linux unified key setup. it's based on
dmcrypt, does not need kernel recompilation in debian as it is based on dmcrypt
(which is included).... i think there may also be some guidance in posts on the
shadow-ops list from june, you'll have to check this out.

another person to ask might be mish, he seems pretty up with all the crypto
stuff ;-)

good luck!

	--scott