[AktiviX-discuss] wiki server having problems?

Ian Gregory aktiv at zenatode.org.uk
Mon Sep 4 21:53:34 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am back from the epic Bicycology Summer 2006 Roadshow and have started
doing some updates on the wiki:

https://en.wiki.aktivix.org/Bicycology

It seems particulary slow and flakey (both yesterday and today) with
frequent "server stopped responding errors".

I know you get what you pay for:-)

It has always seemed a bit slow but on current form it is quite
frustrating. Does anyone know what might be up with the server?
Is it a temporary problem and if so when might things improve?

If it is more serious and requires some help with admin I might
have time to help (I am a professional Solaris admin with 6 years
experience). If it needs money throwing at it then Bicycology
might be able to contribute something if it leads to an improvement.

Otherwise, since we are planning to make extensive use of the
wiki, I might have to consider moving it to another server. It
is not urgent but I would like to get an idea of where things
stand.

We do appreciate the use of the aktivix server and would like
to continue using a community/activist server if possible. Due
to the huge workload involved in organising the roadshow I have
not had time to be as involved with aktivix as I would like to have
been.

Cheers,
Ian

--