[AktiviX-discuss] Fwd: [Detainee-support-network] Gay Palestinian needs help in London

Ringo Kamens 2600denver at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 00:04:39 UTC 2007

For UK People

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: renegado <renegado at riseup.net>
Date: Jun 29, 2007 5:31 AM
Subject: [Detainee-support-network] Gay Palestinian needs help in London
To: detainee-support-network at lists.aktivix.org

Hiyas

we need help...

J. is a gay Palestinian, of Jordanian nationality, currently in
London on a visitor's visa

J. has lived most of his life in Dubai and had Dubai residency. His
family become aware his sexuality and have demanded that to restore
the family honour, he marries a bride of their choice or they have
threatened to kill him . They have notified the authorities in Dubai,
who have now cancelled J.'s residency - meaning he must return
Jordan, a country he hardly knows.

J. disparately needs somewhere to stay in or around London whilst he
considers his options.

He's been staying with friends, and is welcome to continue to stay
there some of the time
but (with other people coming) there is pressure on the place

He is a sweet, tidy and conscientious sort of guy, generally a good
thing - and we'd like to share him around

if you think you might be able to offer him a place to stay - even if
only for a time limited period

please respond to this mail and we'll arrange for you to meet him

many thanks

love and solidarity

Greg x