[AktiviX-discuss] dying under the spam

ana ana at aktivix.org
Wed Nov 7 22:37:10 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Alan Dawson wrote:

> ive just put in place some further antispam and greylisting[1] features on the
> list box.

This is something I really didn't want to happen... anyway let's see now
how many people can't email aktivix addresses because their servers don't
deal well with greylisting...

> I think ana posted some advice earlier.  I can remember if she mentioned not
> advertising lists on the machine ?

Yes I mentioned it as a possible yet quite useless measure against spam :)
Our not-advertised email list was pretty much dying under the spam too,
although, admittedly, not at all now that you've installed greylisting.
But I do fear an increase in false positives. Let's see how it goes...

> [1]http://packages.debian.org/etch/greylistd

ana