[AktiviX-discuss] Help with combining mailman topics

Alan alan at aktivix.org
Thu Oct 4 16:27:46 UTC 2007

Hi Aktivix!

I've had a play around with the mailman list that you setup for us
The topics feature seems to work well.

I was wondering if some of you maybe knew of the intricacies of the
Topics feature?
Specifically, the use of the regular expressions that call the topic.

For instance, I can combine two regexp to send to people subscribed to
one of the two topics. What I ideally want to do, is have it so that
only people who are subscribed to BOTH the topics indicated get the
message. So in using the regexp I want to combine them with AND instead
of OR.

I'm sure you understand the problem better than me, but do you know if
it's possible to do this with Mailman topics?
I've looked through the online manuals that I could find and the feature
isn't that well documented.

Something that is worth noting, that if you edit a topic in the admin
interface of mailman, it looses it's subscribers! So the feature needs
quite a bit of finetuning.

Thanks
Alan