[AktiviX-discuss] [gordon.joly at pobox.com: [Fossbox_Cloud] Security in the Clouds]

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Fri Apr 23 11:24:32 UTC 2010

FYI ..

This may be of interest to people here ..  as we store more of our info in online providers ( riseup / aktivix / crabgrass .. etc )

----- Forwarded message from Gordon Joly <gordon.joly at pobox.com> -----

FYI

A talk as part of this event (on May 4th in London) is called "Security in
the Clouds". I might attend (it is free and open to all genders!)

*Security in the Clouds*
*Sadie Creese*

*Abstract: *Cloud services are a hot topic and responsible for a
significant amount of global R&D investment. In 2009 Gartner estimated
that the market was currently worth $56bn and will rise to $150bn by 2013.
This talk will explore the drivers shaping this future in the clouds, and
the resulting e-security issues and research challenges.

See http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/women/LondonHopper2010.php

Gordo