[AktiviX-discuss] [AktiviX-users] list-admins: Changes to lists.aktivix.org subscription process

Ian Gregory ianji at zenatode.org.uk
Sat Mar 13 14:07:52 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 03:28:54PM -0500, Frank Susa wrote:

>alan - i understand where this is coming from, and don't blame you
>guys for wanting to take measures to protect your domain. BUT it
>certainly doesn't help us build trust with our potential subscribers
>when they get a mailman-generated invite and are given a confirmation
>link that takes them to an "untrusted" and insecure webpage. when i
>just tested the new bulk invite functionality you describe below, i
>was taken to a page with the following warning:

Personally I don't think "bulk subscribe" or even "bulk invite" have any
place in a mailing list manager. I take a dim view of anyone or any
organisation that attempts to subscribe me to any list and I would never
subscribe anyone to a list I managed. Subscription is (IMHO) something
that should always be left to the subscriber.

As far as the warning is concerned, I always found such warnings
reassuring but I haven't seen one since Aktivix followed the example of
Riseup and switched from CA Cert to Gandi, which uses the
UTN-USERFirst-Hardware root certificate that is pre-installed in Safari.

Ian

--
Ian Gregory
http://www.zenatode.org.uk/