[AktiviX-discuss] [BigPlan] Aktivix and the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions campaign against Israel

gdm gdm at aktivix.org
Sun May 15 11:14:52 UTC 2011

hi,

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 11:32:26AM +0100, Chris wrote:
> On Sun 15-May-2011 at 11:25:23AM +0100, Ian Gregory wrote:
> > On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 10:48:33AM +0100, Chris
> > wrote:
> >
> > >No there is no public policy on it, but all
> > >requests for BDS lists are turned down and
> > >passed onto other tech collectives.
> >
> > Presumably the requests are turned down because
> > it is felt that Activix infrastructure could not
> > cope with the likely cyber attacks that would
> > result? At least I hope that is what it is,
> > rather than ideological opposition to BDS.
>
> I'm afraid to say that it's ideological.

there's no "afraid" about it. and i certainly don't think it's
ideological.

i do think that it's fair to say there's a range of viewpoints within
the collective... some people have strong opinions about the best
tactics for affecting the situation in the middle east; there's no
consensus on this, and because aktivix is generally organised along
consensus principles, there's a tendency to stick with the status quo.

what this means is that we continue to host the bigplan list, and any
other lists that we hosted before discussing this subject area. we have
not taken on board any new lists since the discussion was had (about two
years ago, iirc), although we have helped people to find alternative
arrangements.

solidarity,

	--gdm

--
GPG: 5607 E4BC C6B6 90F4 5EBC  B348 D01B 9D77 912F 963C